I have been working in, and servicing the Industrial Electric Motor Industry for the past 42 years. Starting in 1973 and completing a 4 year Journeyman Armature Winder Apprenticeship, the stage was then set for a lifetime of dedication to the craft. Today I take this 42 years and devote it to the sharing of this acquired knowledge thru Educational Classes and Field Troubleshooting.
Click here for Photography
Classroom Training Covering:
- Magnetism Basics, Flux density and the role it plays in the Commutation Process
- Carbon Brushes, Brush Seating, Grades and Current Densities
- Direct Current Motor Theory, Operation, Connections, Series/Shunt/Compound
- Compound Motor - Cumulative and Differential Compounding explained in Detail
- The Negative Effects of Field Weakening, Black Band Testing explained
- Polarization Effects on not only A/C Synchronous Motors but D/C as well
- Brushholders and Springs, proper settings, Spring Forces versus PSI
- Basic Testing for Neutral (A/C Method, Dynamic Testing and Dyne testing)
- Basic Maintenance Practices
- For Motor Repair Shops - A specialized modified class to cover shop proceedures
- Reading the Commutator surface, Understanding what it is telling you
- Cooling Fans and Blowers
Site Evaluations and Consulting upon request......